Saturday, January 22, 2011

I used to eat what??

Week 2 loss: 5.6 lbs
Total loss: 9.6 lbs

Suuuuuuper excited about this week's loss. A little disappointed that I couldn't hit 10 even, but I feel that something that minor is not something to get tripped up on.

I know I have only been doing this for a couple weeks now, but as I am making a conscience effort to eat less (and make better choices), I think back to what I would have eaten, even just 3 weeks ago. I also notice that things I ate on an almost daily basis are now bothering me and making me feel wiiiicked gross.

Since I weigh in on Saturday mornings, I kind of consider Saturday my "cheat" day. I still count my points, but I am not so diligent sticking to my daily allotment. So with this "freedom" on my mind after weigh in, I headed to Dunkin' Donuts. Instead of a plain bagel, I got what once was my favorite breakfast choice. Sausage and cheese (no egg, obviously) on a toasted french roll. For those of you who have never experienced a french roll, I suggest you locate the nearest Dunkin location near you that offers them. It's a rarity, but I <3 them. Crusty, crunchy, and carbolicious. Now here's the gross part...I ate a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts (or another coffee joint) everyday for almost 2 years. I know, I know...they're fat sandwiches, but it's in the past so let's move on.

I ate it and I noticed it didn't taste how I remembered it. It is kind of slimy and had an odd texture. The french roll was as aaaahmazing as I remember, but the rest of the sandwich was not pleasant. And later, I felt like I ate a grease rock. Ugh. I am glad I felt this way since the next time I get a hint of a hankering for one I can remind myself of just how way my body reacted the last time I crammed this nastiness down my throat.

As for how much I used to eat...it's quite frankly, downright scary. Patrick and I went to Boston Market for lunch and I had half a sandwich and a small side of macaroni and cheese. Ever had the mac and cheese there?? Delicious. Heavenly. Ooey, gooey, and carb-y. Three of my favorite food adjectives. I digress, but today, I ate my food and left the restaurant feeling actually full. I wasn't hungry and I didn't want more. From half a sandwich and a small side! Now to those of you with normal human appetites you might be thinking that this seems like quite a normal amount of food. For me, this was a snack. I would go to Boston Market and get a full sandwich, a large side of mac and cheese, AND a corn bread. Literally like triple the amount of food I ate today. And I would often follow it up with a cookie. A rather large, rather chocolate-y (read: rather fattening) cookie.

Now as I sit and write this I know I can't get too ahead of myself. This is only the start of the my third week and I can't pretend that I have made permanent changes or that I won't slip and make a TERRIBLE choice in the upcoming week. Recent history tells us otherwise. BUT I do have to revel in my minor victories. Did I order french fries at dinner Thursday? Sure, but I ate maybe 10 in total. Did I go to Dairy Queen last night? Yup...but I didn't get the cookie laden Blizzard I wanted. (Though, my Orange Julius was creamy, orange-y, and yuuuummmyyyy)

Anyway, for right now I am pretty happy with my progress, but with only two weeks under my belt there is still serious potential for a MAJOR screw up. Hopefully, though, I can keep making some substitutions to minimize the damage done to my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment