Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bringing my "A" Game

This Week's Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Total Loss: 12 lbs.

So this week is definitely a minor victory for me. After an incredibly disgusting 6 pound weight gain two weeks ago, I am back on the losing track. I lost almost 3 pounds and increased my total loss to up over 10 pounds. I was a little sad yesterday at the weigh in when the running the temple of doom, I mean scale, didn't acknowledge my milestone with those fun little star stickers. To be fair, I don't know if WW has eliminated the milestone stickers, but I really liked them so I hope that isn't the case.

I'm not unhappy with my weight loss since any amount of weight I lose is only beneficial, but I am feeling sort of frustrated. In the previous times I have done Weight Watchers I have lost about 20 pounds by this point in the program. 12 pounds is nothing to be upset and I am happy that I'm on a downhill slope, but it feels like it is going sooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooowly. I guess for most people, 12 pounds is a pretty large chunk of the total amount of weight they have to lose, but for me 12 pounds is hardly even a grain of sand on the beach. In the grand scheme of the amount of weight I need to lose, 12 pounds barely tips the scales.

Part of me thinks it is definitely the new points values system. EVERYTHING went up in points. All my little 1 and 2 point items are now at least 3, sometimes even 4 or 5. Ugh. I get more a day, but taking into carbs and protein into account now definitely changes my diet and some choices I would have made before. Is this for the better? Probably, but I still might bitch every so often just because carbs are so wonderful and it hurts me to see food go up in value when I enter carbs into the calculator. Also, when I entered my weight into the tracker on my e-tools, it told me I was losing weight too fast AND it upped my points allowance for the day. I went from 51 points a day, down to 50, and now it wants me to start eating 55 points. Not a chance.

What I KNOW is hurting me is my "cheat day". I have always used the night I weigh in to eat some foods that I otherwise would not throughout the week. The last time I did Weight Watchers, every Wednesday night after weigh in, I would go out to dinner and definitely not stick to my points. I still lost 60 pounds from September to April (ignore the fact that I totally gained it all back plus some). This time, I weigh in on Saturday mornings, giving me what I have thus far taken to be a whooooooooooole day to enjoy foods not often enjoyed when sticking to a designated points limit. At first, I was counting my points for breakfast and lunch and then not really worrying what I was having for dinner. The past couple of weeks, though, there has been no tracking at any point. On Sundays, I would bring my own food to Mom's for breakfast and I made sure it was well within what I should be eating, but again, the past two weeks I have just eaten whatever Mom made. Toast, bacon, kielbasa, waffles, cinnamon buns. Get the picture? Monday-Friday I account for every bite of food that goes into my mouth, but I have begun to take wayyyyy too much freedom on the weekends. I know losing weight too fast isn't good, but I have a serious goal to reach and consider and really feel I need to step up my game.

I really want to be 75 pounds lighter by September and I only need to average a little ovr 2 pounds a week to get there, but it is really important to me to make sure I hit it. I have never really had a goal before. I just wanted to "lose weight" I still want to "lose weight", but this time it's bigger than that and I have to make sure I get smaller for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment