Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day Dilemma

Anyone seen the roads? I think that they have been misplaced under this large amount of white stuff. Ugh.

I sit here, home from work early and most likely will be home again tomorrow. I enjoy a day off as much as the next teacher, although, this snow day a week pattern we've got going is soon going to start cramping my summer. Lame.

Being home is sweet, to a point. But here's my issue with it. I want to eat. A LOT. BADLY. In my (hopefully) past days as an overeater, I would stop at the grocery store on my way home before the snow hit and fill a cart or basket with some snow day staples. Frozen pizza, Cheetos Twists, Ben and Jerry's, and candy- for me. For Patrick, I would buy a Pepperidge Farm triple layer cake. It was his present for snow blowing. Over the course of being home, I would munch and snack away, my eating hand in constant reach of some unhealthy (but wicked delicious) snow day snacks. Eesh.

So I went to the grocery store yesterday to do some general shopping and it was soooooo hard not to buy my wonderful snacks. I walked right past the Cheetos to pick up some Baked Lay's for Patrick. I did not stop to choose between Phish Food or Mint Cookie ice cream while picking up yogurt and bread. I skipped the pizza aisle completely and maneuvered past the candy when I was getting soda. My sad looking cart contained fruits and veggies instead of chips and ice cream. :0(

When I got home today I grabbed a bag of sliced apples instead of the Cheetos that normally would have rested on my counter. It took ALL I had not to stop at Hannaford on my way home from school and not hungrily grab what I wanted. This extra time home is killer on my cravings.

I HATE snow.

2 comments:

  1. BUT YOU DID IT GIRLIE!! AS HARD IT WAS YOU STILL MANAGED TO DO IT!! PROUD OF YOU!! I'VE BEEN DOING BETTER WITH MY EATING AS WELL. STAYING AWAY FROM ALL THE FAST FOOD AND BAD CARBS. BEEN EATING LOTS OF PROTEIN & VEGGIES. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CAITLIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caiti that is GREAT!!! I know it is not easy and some days are much harder than others (take it from me I have my own eating issues opposite from yours!) hang in there and continue to fight those bad cravings you will be happy with the end result!!

    ReplyDelete