Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wow. Just Wow.

This Week's Loss: 2.4 lbs
Total Loss: 15.2 lbs

Whoop whoop!! I am so excited I hit another 5 pound milestone. When I first stepped on the scale this week I was mildly disappointed because my 5 day gym regimen seemed like it should have paid off more BUT then I reminded myself that my eating habits over a school vacation week are somewhat less than stellar so the fact that I still hit my weekly goal is HUGE. Again, whoop whoop!

Now I would like to take a small break this week in posting about my own struggles with things and focus for a second on someone else: my husband. Now it isn't fair to sit here and detail Patrick's weight struggles as they are not mine to share, but I would like to talk about something else in regards to my darling hubby. Don't get excited thinking it's going to be a out all the juicy deets of our lives but more just a general acknowledgement of something I take for granted about him that was brought to my attention today while overhearing another couple at lunch.

I heard the woman behind me mention how she was thinking about having a cheeseburger for lunch. Nothing too alarming, right? Next, I hear her leech of a husband/boyfriend say "You seriously are going to eat a cheeseburger? You scarfed down bacon and eggs at breakfast and you want to eat a cheeseburger? Don't you think you've eaten enough fat today?". I'm sorry, sir. What the hell did you just say?!?!?! His poor belittled lady then replies that she should probably just get the grilled chicken sandwich to which her douchebag retorts "As long as you don't order French fries with it you might just save your body today". She casually mentions that she could add a little bit to her gym routine when he spits out the worst of his acidic comments so far..."Sure you could. If you weren't too lazy to go in the first place". I almost choked on my Diet Coke. Is this tool for real?!

I looked at this couple as I walked past them and the man/jerk/pathetic excuse for a human being was nothing to write home about. The woman/ verbal abuse victim was smaller than average and they had a very young child so chances are she is still battling the postpartum weight. It was disgusting to listen to.

Now most people know my feelings about sappy and lovey public messages and declarations of love via Facebook and such so I will try to not gag myself. Feel free to let me know if I am making anybody sick with what I am about to say.

Not ONE single solitary time has Patrick said anything remotely like this to me. In all my weight struggles and trials, he has never offered anything but unconditional support and encouragement. When I was sad about my one pound weight gain a few weeks ago and called him crying he said only the kindest words to me. In all the times I have been upset and angry with myself about gaining 2, 10, or even 20 pounds Patrick has been right there willing to console me while I spewed hurtful words at myself. Every time I come home excited about even a minor diet accomplishment he's there with a fist bump to let me know how happy he is for me. He's wiped away COUNTLESS tears about how another shirt doesn't fit or how I couldn't find a new outfit that didn't make me look like a tent. Every craving I've succumbed to and guilty pleasure I have thrown the towel into, he has been there to pick up the pieces. I have eaten obscene amounts of food in front of humans God bless him, he's never batted an eyelash.

Now yes, Patrick isn't small either, but that doesn't mean he has to be as supportive as he is. I know plenty of guys who aren't diamonds themselves only to expect their women to sparkle bright. I believe beyond anything else I this world that Patrick finds me beautiful and dare I day it, even sexy. That was one of the ways I knew Patrick was the one. Not one time did I ever feel uncomfortable in my own skin around him. There isn't one other person in this world who makes me as comfortable with my body as he does. Now maybe this is why I have never been incredibly motivated to lose all this extra. If I have someone who fell in love with me this way, why should I change? He doesn't expect it or even care if I change. He wants me to lose this weight and get healthy so I feel better about myself and happier with who I am. He wants me to do this because we want to start a family and he knows I can't/won't do that until I fix myself first. But not for one second do I think he would ever be disappointed in me for failing. He would only hate to see me disappointed in myself.

I don't believe my husband is perfect, but this is one instance he couldn't be more so.

So to that guy openly belittling his wife/girlfriend/sucker today, I hope you realize that you are the one person in this world that should be making her feel beautiful and wanted and instead you say hurtful awful things designed to guilt her into being skinny. Pathetic.

I'm done being sappy now. Whew.

1 comment:

  1. men like this are hard to find. i'm glad you have found someone who loves you for your spirit and not for any of the meaningless outer details. then, when the outer details change, it just becomes even more fun!

    ReplyDelete